For cosmetic dental treatments, our goal is to see you leave our clinic, happy with your smile.
Overtime, your teeth may change in appearance. They may no longer look as white or as healthy. You might even notice them changing shape or increasing gaps in between. There are several factors that could cause these changes. One of which are cavities.
You don’t have to endure these issues all your life. Broken, discoloured, or missing teeth can still be fixed. You can restore your smile with the help of cosmetic dental services. Deer Dental Valley Care offers cosmetic dental treatment to South Calgary patients.
We try to see your goal as you see it so we can work together planning your smile. Many people choose not to take all these steps, but we give you options to make you feel more at ease.
Cosmetic Dental Treatment: What to Expect
1. First, we request that you visit us in the clinic so we can discuss the changes you want done in your smile. We try to see your goal as you see it so we can deliver results you are happy with.
2. Once you’re confident we understand your needs, we can proceed to the examining the current condition of your teeth. Here, we also let advise you on possible options we can offer you.
3. Next up, we take impressions of your teeth. Using wax, we create changes we will make to your real teeth. Cosmetic dental treatment is about helping you achieve the smile you want so this allows you to see what your teeth will look like before we start any work.
4. We then choose a colour together, our goal is to make it natural looking.
5. In case you’re still unsure how you want your new teeth to look like, we can make a plastic stent for you. This is an exact duplicate of the wax-up that you can wear on top of your teeth. Now you can see how your new smile will look like.
6. You can wear this stent at home for a few days. Make sure to ask your friends and family how you look. We will only proceed with the next steps once you are completely satisfied.
We do all these before we touch your teeth. We want to ensure you’re ready for the cosmetic treatment in our Calgary dental office. The final say always comes from you.
Here are Next Steps We Take After Getting Your Approval
7. Once you’re happy with the results, we proceed to preparing the tooth area and taking impressions. If we will be using no-prep veneers, the preparation will no longer be necessary.
8. In cases where tooth preparation is required, we follow these steps.
- You are provided custom temporaries*. These temporaries are created based on the corrected alignment and position of your teeth.
- You need to use these temporaries for 1-2 weeks. On this stage, we’ll be observing your speech as well as the look and function of your teeth.
- We make changes to the temporaries as needed.
- Once you’re happy how the temporaries fit and work, we create an exact duplicate for the final piece.
9. The dentist makes the veneers or crowns for you to try. Feel free to invite a friend or family member you can consult regarding the final look of your smile.
10. Once you’re happy, we finally cement the veneers or crowns on your teeth. You can now show off your new smile!
*Please note that temporaries are not necessary for No-Prep Veneers or CEREC Crowns. Also, all services in the dental office are provided by general dentists.
You’re always welcome to contact us if you need any help regarding your dental treatment.
Come in Mondays thru Sundays at a time most convenient for you. We open early in the morning and close later in the evening. Drop by before going to work or after. We’ll be there to attend to your inquiries.
Book a cosmetic dental treatment in Calgary today!